Important Health Tips for 2017
As we move into the new year, it’s important to maintain realistic expectations and goals when it comes to your 2017 resolutions. Planning well and having a path for execution always helps when it comes to achieving goals. We wanted to offer a few tips we’ve seen so far this year to help you get closer to your ultimate health goals. Even if you are not aiming a total life change, the following health tips are great for maintaining a generally well-lived, healthy lifestyle.
Top Health Tips
- When grocery shopping, try to stay around the outer edges of the grocery store. The outside perimeter is where you’ll find produce, meats, and dairy. Trying to shop these food groups almost exclusively will help you maintain a healthier diet. Oftentimes, the processed, costly, and unhealthy foods are kept in the middle grocery isles.
- Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. Getting at least 30 minutes of exercise a day will do wonders for your cardiac health, even if it’s a simple 30 minute walk.
- Remember to avoid these 4 things when choosing what to eat: trans fats, saturated fats, sodium, and cholesterol. Sodium is one of the most dangerous things we eat when it comes to our blood pressure. Processed foods are riddled with sodium, and we don’t always realize it. Cutting down on your sodium intake will significantly help your blood pressure and bloating.
- Avoid “fad” diets and unreliable health sources. Fad diets almost always leads to forgotten goals and abandoned resolutions. While designed for a quick fix, when fad diets don’t work as they are supposed to right away, they are given up and so are efforts to get healthy. Along the same lines, unreliable health sources shouldn’t be taken as the law when it comes to health. It’s best to get health advice from trusted sources such as choosemyplate.gov.
- Drink water! This one is self explanatory and vital to maintaining a health lifestyle.